The Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management is designed to help you acquire team-building and sound business planning skills, embrace innovation and accelerate entrepreneurial success.
Throughout the program, you will develop critical skills necessary for pursuing your professional career aspirations, including:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Strategic Business Planning
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Financial Analysis and Budgeting
- Sales and Market Analysis
To earn the online Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management, students must successfully complete 18-20 semester hours (s.h.) and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in all course work.
Click the course link to view the distance education offering in MyUI/Courses. If MyUI displays "no course is found" then a distance education section is not being offered in the semester you searched. Use the “Session” drop-down list to change the semester you are viewing.
*All hyperlinks on this page open in a separate tab.
- ENTR:1350 Foundations in Entrepreneurship (prerequisite/co-requisite to ENTR:2000) (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:2000 Entrepreneurship and Innovation (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:3100 Entrepreneurial Finance (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:3200 Entrepreneurial Marketing (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:4400 Managing the Growth Business (3 s.h.)
Select two elective courses:
- ENTR:3500 Social Entrepreneurship (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:3595 Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness I (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:4200 Entrepreneurship: Business Consulting (3 s.h.)
- ENTR:4300 Entrepreneurship: Advanced Business Planning (arranged)
- ENTR:4460 Entrepreneurship and Global Trade (3 s.h.)
For more information about program requirements, including a complete list of on-campus courses available for the certificate, please visit the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center website.
How to add the certificate to your program of study
Students may add a certificate program to their plan of study at any time. Declaring a certificate will allow you to request a degree audit for the certificate requirements in MyUI. There is no penalty to remove a certificate from a plan of study and one may be removed at any time.
Current BAS/BLS students can add a certificate program to their plan of study at any time by sending an email to their assigned academic advisor asking to formally declare the certificate. Once added, a separate degree audit will be produced.
How to remove the certificate from your program of study
Current BAS/BLS students can email their assigned academic advisor to ask to remove the certificate from their plan of study. There is no penalty to remove a certificate program from a plan of study and one may be removed at any time.