The UI offers a wide variety of resources to help you navigate through your degree.
We encourage you to explore the information in this section to find areas that may be of benefit and interest.
Many of the resources you find here are also part of your online orientation. Please contact your academic advisor if you are unable find the support service you need here.
Information Technology Services
For assistance with: HawkID and password, ICON, email, software, login assistance, etc.
Phone: 319-384-HELP (4357)
Online Chat: Help Desk Online Chat
Address: 2800 University Capitol Centre (2nd floor of the Old Capitol Mall)
Distance and Online Education Technical Support
For assistance with: Technology in online courses, media and video players, virtual meeting login, etc.
Phone: (319) 335-3925
Address: 250 Continuing Education Facility (CEF)
Please provide the following information:
- your full name (and HawkID if you know it);
- your contact information (phone number and email);
- your computer type and operating system (e.g., PC or Mac; Windows 8, Windows 10, MacOS X 10.10, etc.);
- your type of Internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber Optic, Wifi);
- the primary browser you use (e.g., Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari);
- location (Home, Work, Public Library, Internet Cafe, etc.);
- a description of your problem (opening the sample file, downloading the software, and which type of file etc.)