The Family, Community and Social Support track focuses on human relations effectiveness in the social service sector. It explores mechanisms for the exchange of assistance through social relationships, especially as they relate to home, school, and community improvement.
The track requires 12 s.h. of foundation course work and 18 s.h. of upper-level course work (courses numbered 3000 or above) offered by distance education.
Please click the course link to view the distance education offering in MyUI/Courses. If MyUI displays "no course is found" then a distance education section is not being offered in the semester you searched. Use the “Session” drop-down list to change the semester you are viewing.
Foundation course work—Must complete 12 s.h.
- AFAM:2500 Black Culture and Experience: Contemporary Issues (3 s.h.)
- ANTH:2100 Anthropology and Contemporary World Problems (3 s.h.)
- ANTH:2165/AMST:2165/NAIS:2165 Native Peoples of North America (3 s.h.)
- ASP:1800/CSD:1800/NURS:1800/SSW:1800/TR:1800 Aging Matters: Introduction to Gerontology (3 s.h.)
- GWSS:1001 Introduction to Gender, Women's, and Sexuality Studies (3 s.h.)
- PSQF:1075 Educational Psychology and Measurement (3 s.h.)
- RELS:2852/GWSS:2052 Women in Islam and the Middle East (3 s.h.)
- RHET:2135/SJUS:2135 Rhetorics of Diversity and Inclusion(3 s.h.)
- SOC:1010 Introduction to Sociology (3 s.h.)
- SOC:1310/GWSS:1310 Gender and Society (3 s.h.)
- SOC:2710 The American Family (3 s.h.)
- SRM:1045 Diversity and Inclusion in Healthy Living (3 s.h.)
Upper-level course work—Must complete 18 s.h.
- EALL:4130/MUSM:4150 Introduction to Grant Writing (3 s.h.)
- EDTL:3114 Parent-Child Relationships (3 s.h.)
- EDTL:4900 Foundations of Special Education (3 s.h.)
- EDTL:4940 Characteristics of Disabilities (3 s.h.)
- GWSS:3154 Sexuality in the United States (3 s.h.)
- MGMT:3500/ENTR:3595/MUSM:3500/NURS:3595/RELS:3700/SSW:3500 Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness I (3 s.h.)
- PHIL:3920 Philosophy in Public (2, 3 s.h.)
- PSQF:3104 Multicultural Issues in Counseling and Psychology (3 s.h.)
- PSQF:4134/EDTL:4934 Parent-Teacher Communication (3 s.h.)
- PSQF:4136/EDTL:4936 Home/School/Community Partnerships (3 s.h.)
- PSQF:4143/STAT:4143 Introduction to Statistical Methods (3 s.h.)
- RCE:4132 Introduction to Addictions and Impulse Control Disorders (3 s.h.)\New Course Department Effective Fall 2022 CSED:4132
- RCE:4162/PSQF:4162 Introduction to Couple and Family Therapy (3 s.h.)\New Course Department Effective Fall 2022 CSED:4162
- RCE:4173 Trauma Across the Lifespan (3 s.h.)\New Course Department Effective Fall 2022 CSED:4173
- RCE:4176 Child Abuse: Assessment, Intervention, and Advocacy (3 s.h.)\New Course Department Effective Fall 2022 CSED:4176
- RCE:4179 Sexuality Within the Helping Professions (3 s.h.)\New Course Department Effective Fall 2022 CSED:4179
- RCE:4194 Interpersonal Effectiveness (3 s.h.)\New Course Department Effective Fall 2022 CSED:4194
- SSW:3712/NURS:3712 Human Sexuality, Diversity, and Society (3 s.h.)
- SSW:3729 Substance Use and Abuse (3 s.h.)
- SSW:3797 Child Welfare Policy and Practice (3 s.h.)
- SSW:4700 Motivational Interviewing in Diverse Application (3 s.h.)