Justice and Ethics Track
The Justice and Ethics explores ethical and moral solutions for contemporary social issues related to criminal, justice, and political systems.
The track requires 12 s.h. of foundation course work and 18 s.h. of upper-level course work (courses numbered 3000 - 4999) offered by distance education.
*All hyperlinks on this page open in a separate tab.
Please click the course link to view the distance education offering in MyUI. If MyUI displays "no course is found" then a distance education section is not being offered in the semester you searched. Use the “Session” drop-down list to change the semester you are viewing.
Foundation course work—Must complete 12 s.h.
- CRIM:1410 Introduction to Criminology (3 s.h.)
- HRTS:2115/IS:2115 Introduction to Human Rights (3 s.h.)
- MGMT:2000 Introduction to Law (3 s.h.)
- PHIL:1033 The Meaning of Life (3 s.h.)
- POLI:1100 Introduction to American Politics (3 s.h.)
- POLI:1601 Introduction to Social Media and Politics (3 s.h.)
- POLI:1900 Introduction to the Politics of Race (3 s.h.)
- RELS:2260/GHS:2260 Hard Cases in Healthcare at the Beginning of Life (3 s.h.)
- SOC:1030 Contemporary Social Problems *NEW! Effective Summer 2023*
- SOC:2810 Social Inequality (3 s.h.)
- STAT:1020/PSQF:1020 Elementary Statistics and Inference (3 s.h.)
Upper-Level course work—Must complete 18 s.h.
- CRIM:3250 Drugs, Deviance, and Social Control (3 s.h.)
- CRIM:4400 Internship in Criminal Justice and Corrections (3 s.h.)
- CRIM:4410 Treatment Interventions in Corrections (3 s.h.)
- CRIM:4420 Criminal Punishment (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3100 American State Politics (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3102 The U.S. Congress (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3111 American Public Policy (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3202 Political Psychology (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3405 Authoritarian Politics (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3503 Politics of Terrorism (3 s.h.)
- POLI:3519/ASP:3519 Politics of Aging (3 s.h.)
- CSED:4176 Child Abuse: Assessment, Intervention, and Advocacy (3 s.h.)
- CSED:4185 Introduction to Substance Abuse (3 s.h.)
- CSED:4195 Ethics in Human Relations and Counseling (3 s.h.)
- CSED:4197 Citizenship in a Multicultural Society (3 s.h.)
- SRM:3151 Liability in Sport and Recreation (3 s.h.)
- SRM:3700 Ethics in Sport (3 s.h.)
- SSW:3797 Child Welfare Policy and Practice (3 s.h.)
- SSW:4100 Social Work in the Criminal Justice System (3 s.h.)